There are so many eBiz ideas out there. How do you choose which one is best for you as a Parent? I decided to go the blogging and freelance writing route because I do not want to deal with the hassles of inventory, shipping, or dropship companies.
I love love love the idea of creating something with your brain and getting paid for it. Of course, that is easier said then done. But I know that I want to create an eBiz that I can literally do anywhere. So, with blogging and freelance writing I have that option. The downside, of course, is coming up with original content. However, this can be accomplished by taking time to learn about your trade or craft and your target market.
Parents pursuing their own businesses are unique in that we don’t have as much time as someone who is single and without kids. We have to choose a business that blends well with our families. Finding out what fits well with your family/lifestyle and knowing your interests and skillset is a great place to start when trying to find the best eBiz for you.
Here are five great eBiz Ideas for Parents (in no particular order):
- Creating information products to sell. This is arguably the best route to take because you can pocket all the profit and not have to split it with a third party. Create an ebook, set up a great sales page, and start promoting it with Adwords or the like.
- Teaching/Paid Membership Sites. This is an interesting concept. Check out Teaching Sells for more detailed information. This idea is not new but it’s great because people are learning all the time. If you know something that other people want or need to know why not be the teacher – and charge for your lessons?
- Freelance. Freelancing can deal with many different areas of expertise. You can be a designer, writer, consultant, coach, etc. You are simply providing a service. What do you know how to do well? What are you willing to learn more about? Find an area in which you can become an expert (if you’re not already), set up a blog, and get to networking! Here’s a couple of great places to start: Freelance Switch, Freelance Writing Jobs, and Freelance Parent.
- Affiliate Marketing/Blogging. You can make great money promoting valuable affiliate programs. It works really well when combined within your blog posts. Pick something you have first hand knowledge with and start promoting it or start with the popular Super Affiliate Handbook.
- Form Joint Ventures for profit. You create (ebook, membership site, service, etc.) and then team up with someone who really knows how to market or someone who has a really large readership. Here’s a really good post by Yaro Starak on why Joint Ventures are the way to go!
Hopefully, these ideas have you off to a great start. If you have some eBiz ideas you’d like to share please put them in the comments below!